Dixie's Tuna In A Bag
Mix the following ingredients in a Gallon Ziploc Bag
- One pint of Sour Cream
- 12 oz. bottle of Teriyaki Sauce
- 4 to 6 tablespoons of Olive or Vegetable Oil
- Fresh Rosemary Sprigs or other herbs
- Cut two Albacore Tuna Loins (about 2 1/2 lbs) into chunks about 3/4"to 1" thick.
- After marinating, each piece should fit on a toothpick for the grill. Silver-dollar size or slightly bigger is fine.
Knead the bag to mix the ingredients. Add the chunks of tuna to the bag and roll a couple of times to coat the pieces. Put the bag and contents into the fridge for about 4 hours (plus or minus a couple hours). After the tuna chunks marinate, take them out and place them on a grill. Cook each 3-5 minutes per side depending on how hot the grill is. When the meat in the center turns white, it is done. DON'T COOK TOO LONG! A toothpick may be placed in each piece for serving. The sour cream will hold moisture in and turn golden brown as the pieces grill. Check a few pieces frequently until you get a feel for the cooking time. When each piece is done, remove from grill and keep warm until served. (serves 6 people).