Skip to content
Fishermen Direct Pan Fried Fish
- Cut fish into serving-size portions.
- Place in a Zip Lock bag and add buttermilk to cover fish pieces. Let soak for 5 minutes. Drain into a colander.
- In a second Zip Lock bag mix Panco, dill, and a small amount of flour. We sometimes add cornmeal and ground nuts as well.
- Coat fish pieces and place on waxed paper on a cutting board. Don’t let pieces touch – a second layer may be used by placing waxed paper between layers.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put into the refrigerator for 1-3 hours.
- Fry in hot olive oil or oil of your choice. As always, please do not overcook. When in doubt if done, take off the heat and finish in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.